I am a BACP Accredited counsellor with 16 years’ experience in substance misuse, dependency and co-dependency. I will work alongside you to help you understand addiction, identify triggers and high risk situations to prevent you relapsing into familiar unhelpful behavioural patterns, maintaining abstinence and remaining in recovery.
I also offer counselling in anger management, anxiety and low self-esteem, stress, depression and any other aspects of life that you may be struggling with. I also offer support for friends and family members who may have loved ones struggling with their addictions.
I offer both short and long term counselling in Wimborne, Dorchester and Yeovil
Providing a safe non-judgemental environment, counselling can help you to develop the confidence to enable you to speak freely and openly, leading to greater self-awareness and an increased feeling of wellbeing. In turn, this can lead to a greater understanding and acceptance of what may be challenging situations in life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CBT)
- SMART Recovery Facilitator
- Trained Mediator
- Strengthening Families Programme Facilitator
- Group Therapy Facilitator
- TA 101 Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- I have worked in the field of addiction for 16 years. During this time I have also worked in a G.P practice and a Mental Health outreach programme in Somerset.
- Proven experience in counselling for issues such as Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Low self-esteem, Anger management, Passive Aggressive behaviour, and confidence building.
Sessions are charged at £45.00 per hour.*
*If you are unable to make a session for any reason and are able to cancel at least 48 hours beforehand there will be no charge. If however you do not give 48 hours’ notice or you do not turn up, the session will be chargeable in full.